Thursday, November 17, 2005

P.O.E.M

haha.. i'm bored.. waiting to go out.. so go find some poems..

For most of us life passes like a dream
(by Nicholas Gordon)

For most of us life passes like a dream,
Revealing only what is on our minds.
Inside the prison of the self we see
Each object as a shadow on our wall.
Nothingness awaits, as sure as night.
Did I not have you, dear friend, I might,
Shadow on a shade, not be at all.
How much we need a word beyond our sea:
In love and laughter, thoughts of different kinds,
Perhaps, with luck, unraveling a seam.



I would not ask you to forget
(by
Nicholas Gordon)

I would not ask you to forget
How I've betrayed your trust.
I'm asking, though, that you forgive
Because I feel I must.

I can't just let our friendship go
Nor let this silence last.
I know I can't undo what's done,
But, please, let past be past.

Let my mistake be memory
Where you may keep your pain,
While I annihilate this thing
I'll never do again.

And let us once again renew
A friendship that is real:
Limping, yes, but still alive,
With wounds that time can heal.


Do not love me yet
(by
Nicholas Gordon)

Do not love me yet, for I
Am still a slender moon,
A scimitar about the heart
Too sharp to touch too soon.

Before I'm touched I need to grow
More full in golden light;
I need to smile upon my earth
And rule some patch of night.

I need to know what roads and fields
Lie in my domain
And dull my brand new ecstasies
With sophomoric pain.

I need the love of some blank boy
As cold and dark as me,
That we might grope in ignorance
And fear of what might be.

And then when I'm a silver bowl
And know what I can hold,
Then, then, perhaps, we could try love
If you are not too old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home